Losing weight has never been such a fun-filled activity! A good sex life not only helps you to sleep better and boosts your energy levels, but it can also burn a lot of calories. So how do you start following this fitness plan?
- Think sexy. If you go to the gym for an aerobics class, you need appropriate attire. The same is applicable to your mattress aerobics session. Invest in a seductive outfit to motivate both of you to ‘work out’.
- Do the Elvis-pelvis. For this move, you need to be naked with your pelvises touching each other. Lift your arms and lean backwards while keeping your pelvis connected to your partner’s pelvis. Stay in this position for three seconds and repeat five times.
- Make sex a priority. Try to have sex three to five times per week for half an hour at a time. This may sound like too much, but if you consider how much time you spend in front of the television, then it is only a drop in the ocean . . . and sitting on the couch with a packet of chips definitely won’t help you to get rid of the weight that you gained during the winter!
- Keep your goal in mind. Sex burns the same amount of calories as brisk walking. Energetic and longer periods of sex can burn up to 1 650 calories. The active partner (which is usually the person on top) will usually burn more calories.
- Stay focused. It’s easy to get caught up in the pleasures of sex with your partner. Remember that your goal is to burn calories, so ensure that you are active. Within weeks, you will see a difference in the shape and tone of your muscles.
- Keep your mattress aerobics interesting. An exercise regime doesn’t have to be boring. Be creative and try new things. As you lose weight and become stronger, you will both be able to experiment with new positions. Make sure that both of you are comfortable with the activities and enjoy it.
- Keep an eye on your diet. A healthy diet will help you to reach your weight loss goals much faster. A balanced menu of fruit, vegetables, whole grain and protein will help you to satisfy your nutritional needs. Limit your alcohol intake to get results faster.
- Exercise together outside of the bedroom. A healthy sex life can do wonders for your body, but regular exercise outside of the bedroom is still important. If you exercise with your partner, it could help both of you to get in the right mood . . . The endorphins, healthy glow and lively feeling that you get from being physically active, is the perfect preamble for an exercise session in the bedroom.
- Encourage each other. A compliment that makes you feel flaming hot, is worth gold when you are trying to lose weight. Tell him how sexy his tight bum looks or admire his biceps that are growing after each ‘workout session’.
- Enjoy each other afterwards. Take a shower together when you need to get rid of sweat after a ‘workout’. Touch each other softly and be loving – this may even motivate you for another session!
Combining your exercise regime with sex is like hitting two birds with one stone – you and your husband will be losing weight together while increasing your level of intimacy. So, what are you waiting for? Start searching for the perfect sexy outfit for tonight!