- Did I marry the right person?
- Would it have been better if I was married to someone who truly understands me?
- My partner has lost sight of our goals and plans for our marriage.
- What happened to the love and intimacy in my marriage?
- Why are we always fighting over money?
Hi, I am Peter Edgar and these are real questions that I often come across in my counselling. They come up with newly married couples through to those who have been married for a long time i.e. 20 /30 odd years. You will note that these sample questions involve all areas of the marriage.
How is that possible ? Surely each problem is unique and causes its own reaction and circumstance?
You will have noted that all of the above questions indicate the sort of problems or differences people have in their marriage BUT significantly they all have EMOTION in them!
We know that this does not always mean that there is a problem in the marriage, but rather that there is a block or disagreement in some area of the marriage – and then emotions get in the way – and with them the situation is made that much worse and , as you know any hope of resolution goes out the window – and so that adds to another area of disagreement and the problems compound; and inevitably the marriage relationship falters and I get the above sort of questions.
The answer, or solution, is surprisingly simple.
Yes, it will take some effort and work, but the results are well worth it.
Through tried , tested and successful methods, I do a character profile analysis. Make you and your spouse aware of each other’s behaviour patterns and how to approach each other and deal with situations in every area of your married life. This opens the way to dealing with specific situations and how to deal with them together – without the fear of emotional reaction.
To ensure that I could deliver on my promises and bring about positive results in peoples marriage relationships , I have completed a number of courses.
- Diploma in Life Coaching and Counselling ( Cum Laude) (Blackford UK).
- Certified DISC profile Analyst.
- Advanced Diploma in Relationship Counselling
- Advanced Diploma in Theology ( Counselling )
- And to supplement and enhance the above qualifications:
- Certified Lifeline Counselor
- Certified Trauma Counselor ( working with Victims and the police )
- Developed a Pre-marital course which I have implemented internationally and which often concluded with me officiating over the marriage in South Africa
All of the above, together with over 30 years of experience within the relationship field , has placed me in the perfect position to make a difference to peoples marriages !
As most of my work is international, I use the Skype platform to interact and work with couples.
Each session is 1 hour long , is live, and is fully interactive. While a lot is achieved in 1 session, and huge progress made, it has been my experience that a 3 session package is the most successful and the process I use with the couples has a solid foundation.
An additional benefit to the 3 session option is that I included a free follow up session 1 month after our final 3rd session.
We have had phenomenal success . As I deal with all sessions with absolute confidentiality, I am not able to give specific references, but suffice to say that we have had great and positive results across the board – from those who are at the brink of divorce to couples who just want to either get their relationship back to what it was in the beginning , or who wanted to take it to a whole new level.
Give it a go – you will be amazed and pleased at what it will do for your marriage.